 Star Wars / 7960
Re: NLS opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:01:21 GMT

----------
From: "Aaron West" <maniac@vol.com>
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: NLS opinion
Date: Sun, Jun 18, 2000, 4:45 PM

~Mark
My big fear when I read Lugnut and see all the complaints about scale, color,
and or whatever is that lego will decide that they are doing poorly with the
line and cancel it.  Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, Mark.  Some
People are just plain wrong.  Just kidding.
Gerry

My thoughts added
When I saw the Falcon at TRU I grabbed it without hesitation and paraded
around the store with my prize until I was ready (palms sweaty) to purchase it
at the register.  Upon getting it home I waited as long as I could to build it
and it was truly a spiritual experience (it was LEGO, how could it not be?).
After I was done, I had to rebuild all of the other SW LEGO sets and place
them on my Rebel Hanger (i.e. dresser).  They stayed there for about two weeks
until my wife suggested they go raid the Empire somewhere else.  In that time,
I would turn that MF model in my head and view all angles and do you know
what?  All I want to do with it is rebuild it, add my own parts to complete
it, and modify some sections.  You know what that means?!  LEGO nailed the
target with this model!  It is a LEGO "TOY" like few others, you just have to
use your imagination and build with it.  Sounds like they did their job to
me.  I am happier owning the MF than not, and all those funky colors fit the
colors that LEGO gave us with all the other SW sets, so I now have a larger
collection of same color pieces!  Sure they could have been all grey, but it
is rare that I say I have to build in only grey.  And when I need more grey,
it is an excuse to go shopping!
What more could an AFOL want?:o)
Aaron

now that how I feel,legos were made to be taken apart and customized or
rebuilt entirely!if TLG made the falcon perfect,we wouldn't have any room to
expand!