 Star Wars / 7602
  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I too don't but the "awesome powers of foresight" explanations. I may not think much of Lucas as a writer, but he is one. Part of creativity is re-interpreting your own work. Especially when you have to work yourself out of a plot jam. When (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I didn't say that he planned it that far in advance, nor do I beleive that. I was merely repeating what Lucas said. I *do* think it was a bit of a retcon. I do like it because it lets him have more exciting lightsaber battles now. (...) Err, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I said I'd never seen any statement to that effect--from an official source like Lucas or Kurtz talking about the early story (and I've seen a few of those types of interviews.) Besides, Obi-wan made everybody think otherwise, and that's the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I've seen and read several interviews with Lucas where he says that the original trilogy was written as one story (there was only one Death Star, though). Obi-Wan has his own reasons for lying to Luke. They should be obvious, if you think (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

Just a bunch of disjointed thoughts about this thread: C3P0 in TPM - I thought it was hokey and severely contrived that Anakin built him. If it was necessary to introduce C3P0 in this movie, I think it should have been in a more reasonable way. C3P0 (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Jaba The Hutt of the first film, (the original one, not the retouched, effect rich newer editions) was also a humanoid. See the reference multimedia CD title from Lucas Arts, "Behind the Magic" for an interview with Lucas, about how they (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Perhaps I saw oddly edited versions prior to '97, but I don't recall seeing Jabba onscreen at all! Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) You're right. That scene ended up on the cutting room floor, it was then resurrected in re-mastered versions. The human actor was covered with the overgrown slug we know & love - not a very good scene anyway in my opinion. Scott a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Yeah! And it would have been better if Jabba didn't very nearly duplicate Greedo's dialogue from the previous scene! Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) snarling (...) it. (...) seeing (...) Well, in the special edition of A New Hope, when they showed how the film was made, the Jabba scene, before Luke and Ben came on the ship, Han was talking to Jabba, who was a fat human, but never was (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I just want to state that based on Obi-Wan's reaction when Luke asks him how his father died that we can assume that Lucas always intended Vader to be Luke's father. He kind of has that "searching-for-an-explanation" look on his face. Obi-Wan KNOWS (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I am not so sure about this. The flirtation between Luke and his sister, them looks ill-advised... given that SW was a kid's film. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) You can also see part of the scene with the original actor on the "From Star Wars to Jedi" video... it's a great video, IMO as entertaining to watch as any of the films. -Bryan (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I don't understand how people don't see this. Watch all 4 movies in "chronological" order. No one realized it before ep. 1 but it seems glaringly obvious to me that the choreography supported the theory of old men and a young inexperienced (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) his (...) The sister thing *was* thrown in. Between Episode IV and Episode V being filmed, Mark Hamill was in a motorcycle accident. Besides necessitating the addition of the Wampa scenes (to explain the new scars, and the change in his face (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)