 Star Wars / 340
Re: LIC SW info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:41:20 GMT

Greg Bevington writes:
I wouldn't be surprised by a Jabbas palace set including:
A Rancor pit, Jabba & Salicious crumb, Oola (the green dancing girl), the max
rebo band (Sy snootles, max himself and that other guy), a couple gamorean
gaurd, maybe han solo (in carbonite), a couple bounty hunters,Luke, Leia
(disguised as Boush), Lando (in palace gaurd disguise), r2-d2 & c-3po,etc.
On second thought, maybe I would be surprised...
Yep, those would be cool. Solo in carbonite would be reminiscent of the
Adventurer's mummy coffin. Oola would be cool, but look for that "selective
compression" to take over again... :) Somehow I don't think we'll see
Salacious as he's too small, and (so far) a very minor character. Yoda I guess
I could forgive being normal minifig scale cuz he's important. Sy Snootles
(thanks, I was trying to think of his name the other day) would be cool if he
had a rubber nose with a rod socket in it. But I would have to buy tons of
gamorean guards as I saw those masks at the Art of Star Wars exhibit when it
came to San Francisco, and thought it was really cool.

But we can be sure they'll make some episode 1 sets (such as a battle droid on
a stap).
Yeh, that'll completely redesign everyone's minifig scale robots, esp. if
they've got new pieces. I wouldn't be surprised to see new pieces common to
many of the more human-shaped droids including 3P0.

"E choowappa"
"How rude!"

-Tom McD.