 Star Wars / 312
311  |  313
Subject:
LIC SW info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:29:36 GMT

I swung by the LIC in Orlando on one of my road trips this season.  Those
who've been there know that you'll find the ratio of employees who love the
product to those who just took the job is about 1:10. I knew I was talking to
that one when he was excited to see me buy the new ninja stuff.

Anyway, I asked him when the new SW stuff was coming and he said the beginning
of March (no duh). So, I asked "Are they coming in March the same way I'm
buying this January set in the middle of December?" He responded by telling me
that there would not be an early release date like we usually get and he
gathered it was due to the movie release and also the S@H pre-orders (which I
was unaware of at the time).

I also asked why the SW lego add had Boba Fett and Storm troopers if they
weren't selling them.  He told me the SW line is going to last a few years
like a theme, not just for 1999.  So, I guess that means we can look forward to
more models from both trilogies.

Time will tell.

Your pal,

Felix