 Star Wars / 2172
Re: Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 10:25:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Selçuk Göre writes:
I've also noticed that before, when a guy posted a scan from newly printed
EP1 cutouts book, featuring Infiltrator's inside look (1). Its size looks
very close to Falcon, and this just gives some clues about "long awaited"
Falcon set of future. I just don't want to break down peoples sweet
dreams..:-)

I have that book, and I don't think it's really the same size as the Falcon
(err, the Infiltrator, that is, not the book! :D).  It does seem to be smaller.

(1) At least, according to this scan, Maul's speeder bike is stored in the
front mandibles of the ship, if I remember correctly, it is not a part of
the cockpit at the back of the ship and it consumes a very small part of the
ship in scale.

That is true.  Also, the whole back end of the ship doesn't fold down, etc.

Also ship has many storage areas for evil devices and some
serious living quarters.(2)

Well, uh, I didn't see the "serious living quarters", but the other stuff,
yeah.

(2) I don't know how could TLG succeeded being approved by Lucasarts about
this set, but it also give clues about "how tight" the rumoured and
"trusted" Lucasarts control above the TLG is.

Probably very.  Lucasfilm isn't real big on telling toy designers how to best
make a toy that will sell, just on telling them to make it the best possible
quality.  And in the case of Lego, I think we see that take shape in the
relative lack of BURP-type pieces and general "Town-juniorization".  It's not
hard to imagine the word from Lucas coming down to make the sets more
imagination-responsive.

But to tell them they have to make every little thing to perfect scale?  Nah.
Never has been the case, from the original Kenner toys on down.

eric