 Star Wars / 2143
2142  |  2144
Subject:
Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 20:29:28 GMT

I just watched the trailer again (and again and again and again...), and
finally noticed something which filled me with a certain ominous forboading.

The Sith Infiltrator, while not being as horribly out-to-lunch as the box
picture indicates, is seriously out-of-scale.

About a quarter of the way through the trailer, we see our buddy Darth Maul
striding down a ramp.  If you take a look, you realize that the ship he is
leaving is the Infiltrator - and the hatch he's leaving takes up maybe 1/3 of
the rear height!  That would make the Infiltrator considerably larger than the
model - by at least a factor of three.  Maybe I'm just behind the times, and
everyone else noticed this and moved on, but I hadn't seen anyone comment on
it before.

As someone else termed it - "unselective compression" indeed.  Realizing how
horribly they've mangled the scale for the Infiltrator does not give me happy
thoughts about a Millenium Falcon.

<shudder>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/