 Star Wars / 2169
Re: Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:34:12 GMT

I've also noticed that before, when a guy posted a scan from newly printed
EP1 cutouts book, featuring Infiltrator's inside look (1). Its size looks
very close to Falcon, and this just gives some clues about "long awaited"
Falcon set of future. I just don't want to break down peoples sweet
dreams..:-)

Selçuk

(1) At least, according to this scan, Maul's speeder bike is stored in the
front mandibles of the ship, if I remember correctly, it is not a part of
the cockpit at the back of the ship and it consumes a very small part of the
ship in scale. Also ship has many storage areas for evil devices and some
serious living quarters.(2)

(2) I don't know how could TLG succeeded being approved by Lucasarts about
this set, but it also give clues about "how tight" the rumoured and
"trusted" Lucasarts control above the TLG is.

James Brown wrote in message ...
I just watched the trailer again (and again and again and again...), and
finally noticed something which filled me with a certain ominous • forboading.

The Sith Infiltrator, while not being as horribly out-to-lunch as the box
picture indicates, is seriously out-of-scale.

About a quarter of the way through the trailer, we see our buddy Darth Maul
striding down a ramp.  If you take a look, you realize that the ship he is
leaving is the Infiltrator - and the hatch he's leaving takes up maybe 1/3 • of
the rear height!  That would make the Infiltrator considerably larger than • the
model - by at least a factor of three.  Maybe I'm just behind the times, • and
everyone else noticed this and moved on, but I hadn't seen anyone comment • on
it before.

As someone else termed it - "unselective compression" indeed.  Realizing • how
horribly they've mangled the scale for the Infiltrator does not give me • happy
thoughts about a Millenium Falcon.

<shudder>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/