 Star Wars / 2179
Re: Sith Infiltrator/Gungan Sub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 15:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:

The Sith Infiltrator, while not being as horribly out-to-lunch as the box
picture indicates, is seriously out-of-scale.

I just got the Cross Sections book and the Infiltrator does seem very out of
scale.  In the stats it says that it is 26.5m long and compared to the X-wings
12m long I think we see that the Infiltrator is at least 1/2 scale compared to
the Lego X-wing.  The stats also say that the Infiltrator has a crew of 1 with
capacity for 6 passengers.  Now beyond melting down mini-figs into little blobs
I don't know how you would ever get a total of 7 of them into the Lego
Infiltrator.  The Speeder Bike is also supposed to be in the nose of the
Infiltrator.

Now all that being said I guess it personally doesn't matter that much to me in
that these are Toy's and for the most part kids don't care that much about
scale.  Personally I would like scale to be correct but I guess I can't have
everything.  Maybe I will buy a few more infiltrators just to increase the
size!!!  Oh the joy of Lego.

On another note I was also looking at the Gungan Sub and although it does not
appear to be as out of scale it does show three crew members in the forward pod
with the two rear pods used as cargo.  Therefore I guess the forward cockpit
will have to be reworked in order to get all three crew inside.

Eric Kingsley

Visit me at:  http://www.geocities.com:80/Area51/Shuttle/4598