 Star Wars / 1844
1843  |  1845
Subject:
Walking Fighter Droid (was: Just got back from TRU . . .)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 19:17:25 GMT

On Tue, 4 May 1999 17:45:17 GMT, "Jason Fabisch" <jfabisch@alphawire.com>
wrote:

I'm itching to convert this set so the 'legs' can
move independently.

Steve

email me if you figure out how.  I was looking into it but got stumped.

I'm thinking to use some of the corner-hinged plates (see
<http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/2429.gif> and
<http://home.att.net/~partsref/images/2430.gif> for examples) to connect
the legs to the main body.  If this is set up right, the front legs will be
shorter from the hinge to the foot-point than the back legs, so the main
body (would that be a 'torso'?) will slope down, like is shown in the
trailer.

Is there a droid fighter in the Incredible Cross-Sections book?  I have the
feeling the LEGO Droid Fighter body is not very prototypical; I'd like to
get closer to the reel thing.

BTW, why did TLG choose *brown* for the color of this set?  Just because
we've all been clamoring for brown pieces?  Some of the color choices on
the SW sets just confuse me.

Steve