 Star Wars / 1843
Re: Colorado report - EP 1 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 19:12:05 GMT

Not all of them are open 24/7 anymore, the one in my town is back to 6am
to midnight I believe. I guess they didn't have enough business to keep
it open 24/7 anymore :(
Though I found the large Pod set at mine, maybe they just sold out of
them by the time you got there. Only sets I didn't find were the Gungan
Sub, X-Wing and Anakin's Podracer. Though I found them at TRU and
K-Mart!
Tamy

Eric Lind wrote:

I wandered out on Monday morning about 8am.  I hit the lone Colo Spgs TRU and
found the Mos Espa Pod Race, Naboo Fighter (boxes mixed with the plastic model
set, what the heck!), Gungan Sub, Duel, X-Wing, SnowSpeeder.  I bought 1 of
each Ep 1 set.  The Platte Walmart had about what Steve listed.  By the time I
had finished with the Platte region stores, I had all but one set (the Sith
Infiltrator) which I found at the Highway 83 Walmart.  The checkout lady said
they had sold thousands of dollars worth of SW merchandise by the time I got
there (about 9 am).  Other than the fact that the Wally Worlds were missing the
biggest sets (TIE Fighter/Y Wing and the Pod Race) I would have to say that
they had much better selection than the TRU.  I guess everyone forgot Wally
Worlds are open 24/7.

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Berry writes:
I ventured to the Colorado Springs' Platte Ave. Wal-Mart today during lunch
and found the following Episode I and classic trilogy sets:
<much stuff snipped>