 Star Wars / 16138
Re: Droopy Star Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 02:19:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.starwars, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
That's good news... I just checked my beams, but unfortunately four are still
warped, although I don't think quite as badly as they were before.

     ABS plastic has "memory", so if you can heat it up to the right temperature
range, it will relax back into its original shape without slagging.  From our
experience at work, you'd need to start around 150 degrees and gradually work
upwards from there (stay below 180 degrees, though), while allowing the core
temperature to equalize with the rest.

     Of course, the obvious solution to all of this is to give it a week
right-side up, and then flip it over twice a month.  The weight will just bend
them back the other direction.