 Star Wars / 16031
Re: 10123 Cloud City
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Tim Saupé wrote:
With the official unveiling last night, FBTB now has the official web
premier of the set online - details at http://www.fbtb.net . . .

     Huh.  I'd heard that Leia would be sporting a brand-new hairpiece, but that
looks like she's just got mommy's hair (from Anakin's Podracer & Mos Espa
Podrace).  It certainly fits within the LD tradition of always using existing
pieces for new LD exclusive sets.

     I'm personally glad that they went the "Simpsons" route when dealing with
the whole issue of how to produce Lando (especially since it now opens the door
for a Mace Windu w/ purple lightsaber), but I hope it doesn't cause too much of
a backlash against TLC for only using "white" minifigs in everything else.

     The curious part of this is that they released the $100 Millennium Falcon
to retail.  They released the $100 AT-AT to retail.  But they're releasing this
as a S@H exclusive?  How annoying.

     Boba Fett looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure he's a clear winner for "most
decorated minifig".  Zam Wessell matches him for chest, waist, and leg deco, and
while Boba has two decorated arms, Zam has a twice-decorated face.  And even
though it's an integral part of the design, I don't count the Mandalorian
helmet/backpack as being part of the minifig.  I wasn't able to find any
examples of a minifig with both leg and back deco, and the only other painted
waists that I could find were Slave Leia, Han w/vest (brown or blue pants), and
the Geonosians.