 Star Wars / 15272
Re: Comparing Starfighter Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:25:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Leonard Hoffman writes:

  Umm.. hello? does anyone notice that the three Prequel fighters, designed
and made years before the class movies all go faster than the X-Wing? Even the
z95 headhunter is faster!!  Wasn't the X-Wing supposed to be an amazing upgrade
to everything that came before?  It looks more like a step down! (at least
speed wise).

Well, everyone else has done the other, more basic (and useful) bits, so here's
my two cents. I think the X-wing was considered revolutionary more for its
balance of firepower, armor and speed. A balanced design is typically much more
effective, in that it can perform multiple mission roles with no (or very
minor,) modifications. Plus it just looks wicked cool;).

Take care,

Soren