 Star Wars / 15235
15234  |  15236
Subject:
Comparing Starfighter Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:52:56 GMT

Using this site as a reference:
http://www.wizards.com/starwars/article.asp?x=sw20020725aconversion2
* = data from UCS stickers from Gareth's fbtb.net section

I've found some disturbing stats about relative starfighter speeds:

Classic Movies:
A-wing     =  1300 km/h*
B-wing     =  900 km/h*
X-wing     =  1050 km/h
Y-wing     =  800 km/h*
TIE Adv    =  1250 km/h*
TIE Int.   =  1250 km/h
TIE Fighter=  1200 km/h
Cloud Car  =  1500 km/h*
RBR        =  950 km/h*
Snowspeeder=  1000 km/h
Incom T-16 =  1175 km/h

Prequels:
Naboo N-1  =  1200 km/h*
Droid SF   =  1180 km/h
Jedi SF    =  1200 km/h

EU:
Z95 Hunter =  1150 km/h

   Umm.. hello? does anyone notice that the three Prequel fighters, designed
and made years before the class movies all go faster than the X-Wing? Even the
z95 headhunter is faster!!  Wasn't the X-Wing supposed to be an amazing upgrade
to everything that came before?  It looks more like a step down! (at least
speed wise).

   And uhhh, the Twin Cloud Car can outspeed the A-Wing and the TIE
Interceptor? Whaa?  This whimpy little thing has better speed than two of the
most formidible Starfighters?  I can only guess that the Cloud Car is designed
for atmospheric travel, while the A-wing and Tie-Int are for space fighting,
but still.

   Someone please tell me that these figures aren't correct.  They seem so
contrary to reason.. ughh

-Lenny