 Star Wars / 15245
Re: Comparing Starfighter Speeds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:35:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gregory Cook writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Summersgill writes:

This sort of thing is what annoys me about prequels and the like - take
Enterprise (yeah I know, different franchise) - they've already met
Klingons, Romulans and have a ship named Enterprise that pre-dates the ship
we "know" was the FIRST one named Enterprise, but no-one at the studio seems
to care.  And the Klingons have lumpy forheads but we "know"that in Kirk's
time - they, erm, didn't.

If there's a logical explanation for all of this, I wish someone could
provide it to me.

The appearence of the Klingons was addressed in the DS9 episode "Tribbles
and Tribulations" when the Defiant crew went back in time to the events in
TOS series episode "The Trouble with Tribbles". In this episode they did a
fairly decent job overlaying the Defiant crew in the footage from TOS
episode. During the episode they did not recognize the Klingons due to the
appearence and asked Worf to explain it. Where he replied that Klingons do
not talk about that part of history. (Obviously, it was a joke that there
was a glaring inconsistancy within the ST universe)

The explanation is that the original Star Trek art and costume department
had a crappy budget and couldn't make humanoid aliens look very alien (or
far-out aliens look very realistic).

Just like Lucas wanted to go back and redo all three original SW movies, I'm
sure Gene wouldn't have minded going back and redoing the Klingon makeup (he
certainly had no problem with how Worf looked, and Worf was only half
Klingon, fergodssake).

Worf was full klingon, his human parents adopted him when he was discovered
by the Federation after the Romulan attack on Kitomer(sp?). Alexander (his
son) was 3/4 Klingon, due to the fact that his mother was
half-human/half-klingon.

It was Torres in Voyager that was the ST castmember half-human/half-klingon.

<snip>

Jude