 Star Wars / 12563
Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Matt Hein writes:
It's kind of funny how the newer generation of kids (action addicted) don't
appreciate Lego's core values. Sets with high ratios of specialty parts
appeal to them, while basic models, such as Castle and Space don't appeal at
all. It's quite the opposite with the older generation, though. I'm only 17,
but I never got the hang of this Bionicle trash, probably because it's
terribly designed and completely incompatible with the normal brick. On the
other hand, • but
I'll summarize it up in one sentence. Lego is appealing to its customers,
but not on a permanant basis, bricks are being replaced by temporary pieces,
and the best products are only available to customers with credit cards,
making them nearly nonexistant to parents who have never heard of Lego
direct or Shop at home.
(okay, maybe that wasn't a sentence, but rather a paragraph.)
Oh well. That's Lego for you.
Respectfully,
<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112

I have to agree with you.  Redemption is sweet.:-)
Anyway, speaking of liscences- when does Lego's contract about Star Wars
expire?  I would much rather see classic space and Blacktron than the
current new Star Wars sets.

John Kruer

Lego's contract with SW ends in 2007.  I'm inclined to agree, I love the SW
line but I wish Lego hadn't sold their soul to Hollywood like so many other
toy companies.