 Star Wars / 12095
Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:05:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John R. Beck writes:
Yea, I meant Hagrid.  I went to see the "Forbidden Love" Star Wars trailer
that was supposed to be before Potter and they didn't have it.  So I left,
got my money back and will go to another theater.  To me the trailer is as • <snip>
John

That's a shame, HP's a great flick.  I haven't read the books either, and
knew virtually nothing of the storyline or the HP world, but the movie was
great.

Of course, I was hoping for the trailer too, but I went expecting the
theater to not play it (which they didn't) so I wasn't disappointed.  I
remember when I went to see Wing Commander back when the Ep1 trailers were
first out... They didn't play the trailer and instead of enjoying the movie
I was ticked off the whole time, so I ended up thinking the movie stunk
because of it.  I saw it again later and realized that while it wasn't a
masterpiece, it wasn't as bad as I'd originally thought.

However, I have seen the Forbidden Love trailer and I've got to say it is
worth the price of a movie ticket to see...  It's a really good trailer.

-Bryan