 Star Wars / 12075
Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:22:13 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John R. Beck writes:
Is it just my imagination or has Lego done a better job developing their
potter line than their star wars line?

It's just your imagination.  ;)

I just seems the pieces are cooler.

Well, actually you've asked two questions.  Is the line better? (as in are
the sets better designed?)  Or, are the pieces in one line of sets cooler
than in the other.

The Harry Potter sets may have cooler pieces but surely that's all they
have.  The Star Wars sets were keenly true to the movie and looked like what
they were supposed to look like.  The Harry Potter stuff looks neither like
what I imagine from having read the original book, nor from what appears in
the new movie.

The Harry Potter pieces may be cooler, but cool pieces do not cool sets make.

The Star Wars line had both cool and unique pieces, but more importantly...
traditional LEGO bricks and plates!  And in good quantities and in
interesting new colors.

What got me thinking was the difference between Chewbacca and that big brown
dude with the huge black hair in the potter set.

Hagrid?

You'd think that Chewie
would be that big...and what's with the ewoks looking like the same size as
a regular lego minifig?  Have I got a genuine beef here?

Depends... are you just rating the sets on just the minifigs?  If so, you
may have a point.  But if it's on the whole design of the sets, my vote will
go to the Star Wars line.

Best regards,
Allan B.