 Star Wars / 12091
Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:39:11 GMT

Yea, I meant Hagrid.  I went to see the "Forbidden Love" Star Wars trailer
that was supposed to be before Potter and they didn't have it.  So I left,
got my money back and will go to another theater.  To me the trailer is as
big an attraction as the movie, well, obviously more so.  I haven't read the
Potter books, I was just impressed with the minifig designs and the volume
of new pieces, keys, new doors, new roof tops.  Very impressive. The only
really innovative new pieces on the star wars stuff in my opinion were the
windshields for the xwing, bwing and tie fighter.  Otherwise I could have
virtually built all of the them without the new sets...what do you think?

John

Depends... are you just rating the sets on just the minifigs?  If so, you
may have a point.  But if it's on the whole design of the sets, my vote will
go to the Star Wars line.

Best regards,
Allan B.