 Star Wars / 11332
11331  |  11333
Subject:
Episode II Ship Modelled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 23:02:35 GMT

This post contains possible spoilers.  Do not read it if you do not want to
know anything about Star Wars Episode II before the day of the release.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

There has to be a better way to do this...

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Ok, anyway, here we go.

I guess I'm the first to take the bait left by Jonathan Lill and attempt to
model a ship from Episode II.

Using many of the pictures found on The Force.net I have modeled a Lego
rendition of the "Jedi Ship" that Obi-Wan is seen piloting.  There are two
images of the same rendering.  One is 800x600 and the other is 300x225 for
those of you with slow internet connections.  The renderings can be found on
my Brickshelf account here:
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus/episodeiistuff

I modeled it in MLCad and rendered it in POV-Ray.  The model was made very
quickly and is therefore a little rough.  It's not finished as there are
several things missing (the underside is flat right now, there's nothing in
the cockpit, it's hollow, etc...)

Though I'm not satisfied with the cockpit I think I got the overall shape
right.  I plan on building this up IRL tonight so I can play with the
design.  I plan on hinging the "wings" so they can have the proper sloping
effect, I'll probably do that in the same manner as the official Snowspeeder
set.  I'd also like to build in a droid socket, though I'm not quite certain
how yet.

Once I work out the details I'll finish the model up and post some more pics.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus