 Star Wars / 11329
11328  |  11330
Subject:
Episode II ships! Anyone want to try modelling?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:25:49 GMT

There are now a host of pictures of two important ships from the next movie,
craft that LEGO is sure to make sets of since they are small and cool and
central in the story. Spoilers below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

YOU HAVE FOUND THE SPOILERS.

Good. Now that you've read this far I assume you don't mind spoiler
material. This link:

http://perso.club-internet.fr/willow/E2_0056_2.jpg

is an image of Anakin's hot rod from a chase scene on Coruscant. I want to
see if anyone (like Jay Cal) is going to try to model it. The difficulty is
going to be to preserve the small detail like the fins at a scale equal in
size to, say, the land speeder. This craft was also featured in a Select
Photo on Starwars.com but it seems that it was long enough ago to have gone
away.

The second ship is Obi Wan's A-wing type vehicle. Very cool looking with a
neat Droid location though that should make modeling difficult if you want
to include the whole droid body w/legs. Otherwise its just choosing a
strategy for gently sloping the body up to the cockpit. Images are here:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/makingep2caps/pt2-monitor.jpg

And a host of bits and pieces are here:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=10315

And a fan rendering is here: