 Star Wars / *7613 (-20)
  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Specifically, I'm referring to Champions of the Force, Dave Apprentice, and Jedi Search. These books were...awful. Half of the force users were inept morons at the beginning of the book. By the end, they were doing things even Yoda wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is anyone else...

"jamie hickey" <jamie75@cris.com> wrote in message news:FvFnsL.9F8@lugnet.com... (...) What had me miffed was the fact that that droid came with system sets! (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:FvHsIr.AAL@lugnet.com... (...) when (...) in ANH. (...) that (...) that it (...) Another thing to look at is, if I remember correctly, Obi Wan never really got close to R2 in EPI. When in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I think the midichlorians still do have a 'mysterious' quality to them. Remember in Episode I when Qui-Gon asked Shmi about Anakin's father, and she replied "There was no father...I carried him..." etc. Which means either the midichlorians (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Lucas seems to be making things up as he goes along. I wouldn't attribute that comment to any story continuity that is now revealing itself. I think that it was just Obi Wan being a nice old gentleman. (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

Just a bunch of disjointed thoughts about this thread: C3P0 in TPM - I thought it was hokey and severely contrived that Anakin built him. If it was necessary to introduce C3P0 in this movie, I think it should have been in a more reasonable way. C3P0 (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM RULES (long reply, skip if you're in a hurry...:)

(...) A lot of people argue that kids love Jar Jar, and that he was therefore a great success; I say of course kids were amused by Jar Jar; kids are always amused by slapstick and bathroom humor. (...) The Trade Federation knew full well that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I've seen and read several interviews with Lucas where he says that the original trilogy was written as one story (there was only one Death Star, though). Obi-Wan has his own reasons for lying to Luke. They should be obvious, if you think (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I said I'd never seen any statement to that effect--from an official source like Lucas or Kurtz talking about the early story (and I've seen a few of those types of interviews.) Besides, Obi-wan made everybody think otherwise, and that's the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

I agree that even though he Obi-Wan doesn't come out and say he knows the droids, doesn't he say something like "Come here little friend" to R2D2 when he is hiding in the rocks on Tatooine after the Sand People attack Luke in ANH. Adam (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I didn't say that he planned it that far in advance, nor do I beleive that. I was merely repeating what Lucas said. I *do* think it was a bit of a retcon. I do like it because it lets him have more exciting lightsaber battles now. (...) Err, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I too don't but the "awesome powers of foresight" explanations. I may not think much of Lucas as a writer, but he is one. Part of creativity is re-interpreting your own work. Especially when you have to work yourself out of a plot jam. When (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TPM Rules

(...) That's a feeble, lazy excuse for them to make. I'm not looking for pioneering insights into the human condition; I'm hoping for a film that is an entertaining and well-executed story. Sure, George and Co. and can lapse into the primary cliche (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Droids claims to be the adventures of Threepio and Artoo well, well before Episode IV. The problem is that Episode I takes place too soon before Episode IV (Not to mention that we know a lot of time is skipped between I and II) to allow the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) It's one I've heard over and over as showing "how stupid midichlorians are" without the people saying it ever realizing how stupid their "counterargument" sounds. If you mean you preferred the force as a wholly mystical rather than as a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

What makes you think that? I don't think anyone could say that without knowing what happens in Episode III. Adam (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars on AIM

Hi guys, since there's a lot of traffic on this board today, I thought I'd let you know that if anyone wants to chat, I'm on AIM at work. ~Mark AIM: sandlimp (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) If 20-25+ years ago George Lucas planned to offer his audience modest lightsaber battles (in ANH & TESB), so that he could wow his future fans (the same fans that he was sure would in fact be hooked) with a phenomenal lightsaber battles in his (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: More TPM

You can't say that definitively. There are still two unmade movies. ~Mark (...) less (...) him. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) because (...) "vision." To paraphrase a wise man, that depends greatly on your point of view. You may see it as an investment of your money. I think George sees it as his movie, and people happen (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact