 Star Wars / *6378 (-20)
  Star Wars LEGO Design Contest II

After Pat´s successful Star Wars contest, I would like to announce a follow-up contest. To make the contest an interesting sequel to Pat´s design contest, I have decided to create some new categories while dropping some old: Best never build before (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

(...) I can´t say I am happy with this line. I like the minifigs and the idea a lot, but I think it´s a bit too juniorized. What I really would have liked to see is a "Pistenbully". I am not shure what the right translations for this is. It´s the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

(...) I'm actually sorry to see those go. They're the only "castle" sets I've purchased. Bet you can't guess which part of the world I'm interested in. As for this years SW sets, I dunno, I too didn't feel QUITE as excited about them too. I guess (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

(...) That's mainly what's kept me from going hogwild over the new Arctic sets -- seems like a lot of air in the boxes. OTOH, I think 4 of the large pre-fab pieces in the big base are those awesome 4x4x6 concave corridor corners in Gray! (Can anyone (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

(...) my (...) I'm actually quite disappointed with the Arctic sets and think they are extremely juniorized. If you look at the large base set, it's composed almost entirely of pre-fab pieces. There are almost no bricks in the set. I may pick up a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

"Jonathan Little" <piano254@aol.com> wrote in message news:Fqs26u.DHF@lugnet.com... (...) The same happened to me. In 2 years BSWL [1], I bought at the most 4 technic sets. Since then I have bought so many system sets my pocketbook will never be (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

(...) I've had mixed feelings about the 2000 sets. I've been very happy with the new Arctic ones. These are only moderately juniorized and provided a lot of neat, new parts that I've integrated into my creations. The castle sets look promising as (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Feelings over 2000 sets . . .

I know this is kind of late, seeing as how the 2000 sets have been out for a couple of months now, but I wanted to say a few words about my personal feelings of the new sets and also get input from everyone else. When I first heard about SW sets, I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sir Steve interviews someone from Lego

(...) According to Mr. Kristiansen: "I think that we can benefit from Star Wars, which is a long-term proposition. We have it for six to seven years.... We do not foresee that we will have to go into a lot of other different licensing arrangements." (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Lego Star Wars Animation

Hello all This is my first post on Lugnet, but I've been reading them for quite some time. I'm letting you all know that I am currently working on a 15 minute Star Wars Lego animation. I've set up a webpage for it (Its not a very good site since Im (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig Rebel Transport Pictures up

Ooooooooohhh...hhh....... aaa...aaahhh...hhh......... Sweet model Pat, I especially like the cargo modules in the front. Are you serious about micro-fig scale landing gear, cause if you that the model be awesome! I also like the use those 4x8 wings (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: 2001 sets!

(...) Dewback with two Sandtroopers: $9.99 (I don't really think that we'll get this, but if we do, it will be closer to the $10 price-point) Standard Tie - I agree Bespin Cloud Car - $14.99 At-ST: $29.99 Lambda-Class Shuttle (we can hope): $54.99 (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Vehicle year/building year? (Was: Imperial Guards (was: Re: Sir Steve interviews someone from Lego)

(...) Excellent points...especially about Jabba's palace. I for one don't want Lego to produce anything that relies on juniorized pieces. I'd rather not have (see) any set that will leave me sour over its poor construction, design, parts selection, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Microfig Rebel Transport Pictures up

The model is about 90% done. In typical fashion I could not wait to get some pics out though, so I put up a small update page. (URL) J (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: 2000 Star Wars in Australia

Peter Callaway wrote in message ... (...) Packer's (...) be (...) Whoa, that's bad... IIRC, the Aussie dollar has about the same exchange as the Canadian dollar, yes? Wow! If you were to buy Lego from North , you'd still be paying less with (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2000 Star Wars in Australia

(...) fiddling with the numbers shows the system sets as being 1.5 to 2 times more expensive (best 7115, 7134 worst 7104) but the technic sets are consitently only 1.33 times. There is no way shipping is so expensive as to justify 1.5 to 2 times (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2000 Star Wars in Australia

(...) Blearggg! Sorry about the formatting. It looked good while I was compiling it. Pete Callaway (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  2000 Star Wars in Australia

Hi team, Sorry for the provocative subject header, but you're all here now. This is what I have gleaned from LEGO Australia. Looks like we'll need Kerry Packer's job to afford it all. I've used the current Aussie Peso exchange rate of USD$0.614 AUD (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode 1 Video Tape

(...) According to Amazon.com, the VHS release date is April 4, 2000. But they've started taking orders and it's a wicked hot-seller already! As of today, in fact, it's the #1 and #3 top-selling VHS videos there. (#1 is the widescreen edition, #3 is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Vehicle year/building year? (Was: Imperial Guards (was: Re: Sir Steve interviews someone from Lego)

(...) Exactly. It's that, and one other thing: How many movies do you see the Millenium Falcon in? X-Wing fighters? TIE fighters? How many movies do you see the base at Yavin 4 in? And at that, how many scenes bother to show it? The action was on (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact