 Star Wars / *14654 (-10)
  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) The first time I saw that unbelievable thing waaaaaay back in May of '99: (URL) I shouted from the rooftops that I'd never seen a more impressive, true-to-life LEGO representation of a "real-world" vehicle--MOC or otherwise. Since that time (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: TIE Bomber

Fantastic interpretation of Gareth's UNBELIEVABLE work, Matt. Anybody whose really just a fan of SW Lego custom work, politics aside, will want to check out both Matt's tribute and especially Gareth's original version at FBTB. You're missing out if (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) Pardon me... <anal mode on> Those six circles are actually engine vents of some sort. The whole escape pod issue (i.e. whether there is one or not, and if so, where is it) is a whole other shebang. </anal> (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinions sought on a gun

(...) I agree with Gil that it needs to be seen in its context on the ship to be judged at Star Warsian or not Star Warsian... but while I see what you and others mean about it being slightly anime-ish, I think it actually looks more Babylon 5 than (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Domes

(...) Ah, cool. That's good to hear. Also, if you DO happen to be unable to ignore them, you can always explain them away as the results of stray laser fire from some B-Wings and X-Wings or something! (...) Hmmm... I was kinda wondering about that. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinions sought on a gun

Like most things, I would that's it's relationship to the whole really defines it's over all feel. For instance, if it were done in multiples, protruding spine like from a central node with massive overhang, I would definately peg it as an anime (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinions sought on a gun

And here is my first attempt at a more traditional version: (URL) also tried it with a 2x2 radar dish near the tip. Maybe if I should integrate the little side details on the first one into the second. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinions sought on a gun

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message news:H5zKpF.G7A@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) thing. One step ahead of ya. ;-) (...) thinking (...) Slave I, (...) batteries, and (...) are (...) most (...) multi-barrelled (...) fighter (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinions sought on a gun

(...) Hmmm, before I read on to the rest of your post, I checked out the image and thought to myself, "cool gun ... though it looks more anime-ish than StarWarsian." Reading on, I found that you had been wondering the same thing. Trying to recall (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Opinions sought on a gun

Would you say that this: (URL) sufficiently Star Warsian? I think it's an ion cannon or something. I'm trying to build one large weapon for a fighter and I'm trying to build something other than the typical long skinny SW gun. The front portion of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact