 Star Wars / 14651
Re: Opinions sought on a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jon Palmer writes:
Would you say that this:

http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/gun01.jpg

looks sufficiently Star Warsian?  I think it's an ion cannon or something.
I'm trying to build one large weapon for a fighter and I'm trying to build
something other than the typical long skinny SW gun.  The front portion of
this gun was inspired by one of Mladen's guns:

http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Mladen/Creations/Mecha/Tortoise/tortoise_23.jp

but I'm afraid it's anime roots might betray this gun's intended purpose.

I agree with Gil that it needs to be seen in its context on the ship to be
judged at Star Warsian or not Star Warsian...

but while I see what you and others mean about it being slightly anime-ish,
I think it actually looks more Babylon 5 than Star Wars or anime. Just the
first thing that popped into my mind (kinda Earthforce-ish).

-Greg "Fox" Cook