 Star Wars / 14645
14644  |  14646
Subject:
Opinions sought on a gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:13:08 GMT

Would you say that this:

http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/gun01.jpg

looks sufficiently Star Warsian?  I think it's an ion cannon or something.
I'm trying to build one large weapon for a fighter and I'm trying to build
something other than the typical long skinny SW gun.  The front portion of
this gun was inspired by one of Mladen's guns:

http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Mladen/Creations/Mecha/Tortoise/tortoise_23.jp

but I'm afraid it's anime roots might betray this gun's intended purpose.

This brings up another interesting issue.  2 of my greatest building
influences are SW and anime.  I personally like to pull from both of them
when building, but for the alphabet project I try to tone down the anime
look as much as possible, which isn't always easy.

Anyway, what do you think about the gun?  If you were making one very large
gun for a Star Wars fighter what would it look like?  Note that this is
about 9 bricks long.

-Jon