 Star Wars / 14654
Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:
For those that haven't seen it before, pictures can be found at:

http://home.teleport.com/~bfleskes/falcon/falcon2.htm

comments welcome.

  The first time I saw that unbelievable thing waaaaaay back in May of '99:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl3745410600d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=u2fjVywn%23GA.274%40cpmsnbbsa02

and I shouted from the rooftops that I'd never seen a more impressive,
true-to-life LEGO representation of a "real-world" vehicle--MOC or
otherwise.  Since that time there have been some very cool AT-AT's and
AT-ST's [1], not to mention the various UCS MOCs, but for complexity and
minifigability, this one still takes the cake.  Newer readers should
remember that this was before the "official" (and inferior) Falcon was
released or even announced.  A truly phenomenal work.

Thanks for the update and the link.

Dave!

[1] Not in any way to snub other very cool, very detailed models,
particularly LFB's SMS Friedrich der Grosse
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=9985

nor Richard Parson's HES Valhalla
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/clone-brands/?n=732