 Star Wars / 14666
Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:13:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Craig Stevens writes:

Who says they are engine vents? I wouldn't trust Lucasfilm. Check out my
site Geocities.com/SWFalcon30 for more of my opinions on this issue. You'll
see that I have contructed an alternative interior network for my Millennium
Falcon which really works, unlike all of the conflicting official and
fan-produced plans.

Craig Stevens.

I wasn't referring to anything official.

My own personal opinion is that:

A) they look just like the vents on top of the slopes at the fronts of the
top 4 engines of the Corellian Corvette. Why would escape pods have little
fan-blade-like slits all over the top face, anyway? R2 and 3PO's certainly
didn't.

B) I agree with the numerous sites that point out there's no room for pods
under those vents, the engine undoubtedly takes up that space.

I'm mostly referring to this, BTW:

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/pods.htm
and
http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/mf/swtj.htm

(from the second link:)

"THE ESCAPE PODS:
Shane Johnson (and LucasFilm original design material) makes it quite plain
that the 'docking rings' (as I call them) ARE NOT and HAVE NEVER BEEN escape
pods! WEG is simply WRONG! They were always meant to be 'loading hatches',
Now, Shane put HIS escape pods in the rear quadrant, in the large under-hull
box. He has them firing out through the 'floor' of that section. I strongly
believe that ALL StarWars ships have very large engines, as a percentage of
total ship size. Look at the Blockade Runner, the Star Destroyer, the
Frigate, the Transport etc etc. As a result, I must disagree with Shane
here, I feel this area must be filled with engine! My solution is currently
to display the Frank Bonura 'PEZ' escape pod dispenser (though I still have
a soft spot for the inflatable 1-man units!)"

of course, I do agree with you in regards to the size of the MF being way
too low in official data.

-Greg "Fox" Cook