 Star Wars / *14399 (-20)
  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

<delurk again... can't.... resist.... geekness...> So a SSD built to minifig scale (assuming the 1 stud = 1 foot convention, or 1:39) would be a smidge over 450m (1476 feet) long. I prefer a 4 studs to the meter (1:32) scale for minifigs, which (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) The Super Star Destroyer and the regualar Star Destroyer have the same bridge. In Empire Strikes Back, Han attaches his ship to the back of a Star Destroyer Bridge. In Return of the Jedi, Han flies past the Super Star Destroyer Bridge. Not (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Death Star Size Comparison Chart

(...) Taken from the summary of the "Dimensions" section of this page. (about 1/3 of the way down the page) (URL) presently-available evidence indicates that the diameter of the first Death Star is in the range 160 - 165km, although the purely (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Another piece of evidence supporting this: given that the Star Destroyer and SuperStarDestroyer have at least similiar shaped bridges: if the bridges were the same size (which is a valid assumption), then the length is 17.6km. But if the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Borg Cube Added [Re: Size Comparison Chart (Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5)]

(...) This reference isn't canonical, but it's a start: (URL) Well, the Sulaco's kind of a pipsqueak compared to other starships. What about the Nostromo? I can't find any dimensions, other than an indication that it masses 63,000 metric tons. Dave! (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Death Star Size Comparison Chart

somehow i think there's a problem here. in another thread this info is given: "Super Star Destroyer: 12,800 Meters Death Star 1: 120,000 Meters in Diameter Death Star 2: 160,000 Meters in Diameter" that would make DS2 slightly larger than DS1, not (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Death Star Size Comparison Chart

Using all the 'on screen evidence' here is a size comparison of both Death Stars in relation to the Super Stardestroyer. (URL) Petrucelli (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Borg Cube Added [Re: Size Comparison Chart (Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5)]

(...) Unfortunately I have been unable to find any size measurements for the Alien movie ship. I did however as the Subject says, add the borg cube to the chart. (URL) note that some sources claim the Borg Cube is 5x5x5 kilometers, I used the more (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well-- strictly speaking we know the *mass* is roughly the same. But you're right: we don't know the density of the planet, hence we can't *REALLY* guess at the planet's volume... And therefore you can't guarantee the curvature of the planet (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Size Comparison Chart (Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5)

(...) It's got to be close to the SW regular star destroyer size. The drop ship seemed to be millenium falcon sized, and from the footage the mother ship didn't seem all that massive. Unfortunatly I don't remember much actual footage of the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Technically, you can guess that Endor's gravity is very close to that on Earth, but that doesn't mean the mass is the same unless you also assume their densities are the same. Jeff J (yummy nits to pick!) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) I've seen it before, but never commented. It's utterly incredible. Jeff J (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Space Ship: AstroFoxx

(...) Well... I don't think they had to fudge together that excuse. A Parsec (parallax-second) is defined by Earth's motion around the Sun. How would Han know (being from a galaxy long, long ago and far, far away) how we would define a Parsec? ;) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Fresh X-wing pics....

(...) Nice - very authentic! Jeff J (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Wow! Check the price of this fig.

Warning. This is not my auction and I don't think anyone here should bid on it (we are all smarter than that anyway). Tell me if this seems strange to you... (URL) would sell mine if I didn't think this was a bit unethical. FUT LUGNET.MARKET.THEORY (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Legitimate Tusken Raider fear

(...) An (un)fortunate side effect of the lightsaber is that victims who are merely wounded seem unlikely to die of a grisly infection, what with the cauterization and all. It's a real shame, too, as a full-blown bodyrot can really get your point (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Legitimate Tusken Raider fear

(...) Yeah, bad directing call on Lucas' part there. The Sand People run *after* we see the shot of Obi-Wan, making the viewer think that it's Obi-Wan that they're running from, when in fact, they're running from what they think is a Kryat Dragon. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Legitimate Tusken Raider fear

(...) I don't remember where I read it, probably the novelization, but it was suggested that Obi-Wan was immitating the scream of a Kryat (sp?) dragon which would be something the Sand People normally run from. Obviously looking at him he wasn't a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Legitimate Tusken Raider fear

As I am preparing myself for the Attack of the Clones DVD to come out, something suddenly occurred to me. Remember back in Episode IV A New Hope (The first Star Wars Movie for you novices out there) when Luke was being beaten and robbed by the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Yet more new slopes appearing in 2003 SW?

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:H42Gxx.7An@lugnet.com... (...) To me it looks like it is a 2x4 piece, so in one plane it will be flush with a 45deg slope and in the other with an 18deg (new-ish 2x4) slope But, I hope (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact