 Star Wars / 14384
Re: Legitimate Tusken Raider fear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Scott Costello writes:

Kind of puts a different spin on things huh?

I don't remember where I read it, probably the novelization, but it was
suggested that Obi-Wan was immitating the scream of a Kryat (sp?) dragon
which would be something the Sand People normally run from.  Obviously
looking at him he wasn't a Dragon, hence "they're easily startled but will
return in greater numbers."

Now that I think of it, if Anakin wiped out the whole village, then who
would have been left to know it was a Jedi who did so and start a legend
about it?  I wouldn't guess that Sand People are worldly enough to identify
lightsaber wounds and make the Jedi connection.

An (un)fortunate side effect of the lightsaber is that victims who are merely
wounded seem unlikely to die of a grisly infection, what with the cauterization
and all.  It's a real shame, too, as a full-blown bodyrot can really get your
point across.

Just a good old-fashioned George R.R. Martin-esque editorial ;)

The Tusken peddler who next visited the village must have been pleasantly
surprised, though:

"Now lookee here, whoever massacred this here village sure did do a nice job in
closing up all of them there wounds.  It sure do make the clean-up a whole lot
easier, though, don't it?"

-s