 Star Wars / *12768 (-20)
  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I'd disagree with this as a reason. The whole Legends series is geared more towards the older collector. Your reasoning would also preclude the Breezeway Cafe, the Pizza to Go, the Guarded Inn, . . . Also the whole sculpture series (both SW (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Yeah, I have to agree with you. Anyway... I have one more day of school left (until the weekend), and I'll see what can be done. I probablly will only be able to ask a few kids (naturally, because I'm different I'm a social outcast), but I'll (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I'd like to see a 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager, or a Message Intercepter Base or even the original 918 become a Space Legend! Why does Lego even continue to bother with those new SW sets? In my opinion, I think SW is getting kind of old. Most of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I think you'll find little disagreement when I say you're not a typical twelve-year-old boy. In fact I think you have more in common with us AFOL's than with most kids your age. I challenge you: Show <set:497 Galaxy Explorer> and some more (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

They've done it at least once: (URL) not much of a success though... (but I still have the red minifig head!) Duq Jeremy Scott <Copyright@cox.net> wrote in message news:GtLuGt.3qz@lugnet.com... (...) missing (...) who (...) if (...) be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Well, I'm a twelve-year old boy. And I would much rather prefer the 'blue boxes with wings.' I mean, does galaxy commander look like a box with wings! And (to get a bit off-classic-space) does mission commander look like one? I would much (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) So Brad never denied that "Classic Space: The Movie" is currently in production? ! (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Well, Brad Justus (Senior VP of Lego Direct) spoke to this issue a little bit at BricksWest, and the understanding that I took from that is pretty much exactly what Jonathan was describing. It's for marketing reasons, not because of any (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I hear you brother! <snip> (...) Okay, sure. Who knows why? I mean really know why? Only the nice men/women in suits sitting in an office somewhere. (...) Jeesh! I wonder if people were this shook up when slopes were first introduced... New (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

Fact: pretty much all of legos customer base (even that subset that uses shop @ home), includng myself and most other lugnet readers, has a limited lego budget. (for some its larger than others but its still limited) So, they will only have X to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

Jeremy & All, (Sheesh, this is the most I have posted on LUGNET in awhile) (...) That's all right, it is an interesting question, and there is nothing wrong with asking, but it was a pretty painful discussion for a lot of people. Just trying to be a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

(...) Okay, everyone ignore the post. I'm new so I wasn't part of those and had no idea they existed. However, will someone inform me on how to search the newsgroups for these topics so that I can see what others think about this topic. My email is (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

Jeremy, This subject has been talked about numerous times before, I suggest re-reading those threads and seeing various opinions and then see if dragging this issue out again is worthwhile. It has started in Star Wars, went into debate, etc. etc. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

Uh oh... <*makes room in his Inbox*> (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The M-Wing

(...) nice, too. I like you S-Wing alot: (URL) Kruer (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?

Hello all LUGNETers: I have an interesting question which may have or may not have been spoken about before. Why hasn't lego created any differently colored heads for representation of different skin colors? The Lego Star Wars line is missing one of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: All Ep 2 sets (except for gunship) FOUND in Rome Georgia

(...) LFB -- The gunship is in the back of the Technic Jango Fett instruction book. It also seems to have shown up in sections of Georgia. I can't figure out why some sets are going out early and others aren't. -Jonathan (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My first MOCs on Brickshelf

(...) Sorry! I did delete it and made two separate folders: (URL) J (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: My first MOCs on Brickshelf

(...) The folder is not found, did you delete it? Jude (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: TIE Shuttle

(...) Cool. A faithful reproduction of the TIE shuttle/TIE Bomber hull. Very much how I expect LEGO would design it. Jeff J (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact