 Star Wars / 12755
Re: Why hasn't Lego done a Lando or Panaka and is there a reason?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:50:13 GMT

Uh oh...

<*makes room in his Inbox*>

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Scott writes:
Hello all LUGNETers:

I have an interesting question which may have or may not have been spoken
about before.  Why hasn't lego created any differently colored heads for
representation of different skin colors? The Lego Star Wars line is missing
one of TROJ's important charaters, Lando. Also we lack Windu and Panaka, who
could have been a very welcome alternative to the fig from Flash Speeder.
Also, in a world where there is so much diversity, why can't we have
Legoland (an imaginative replica of our world) share that same diversity?

I feel that it is possible that Lego hasn't created any different colored
heads and hands in order to avoid discrimination lawsuits.  However, what if
lego created a set or service pack that features brown printed heads and
hands that allow the buyer to create an brown skinned family? Would that be
acceptable?

I'd like to hear any opinions.

-Jeremy Scott