 Star Wars / *12268 (-20)
  Re: Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?)

(...) I got one of these for Christmas, and I too had a mix of opaque and translucent pieces. My guess is that they are using two different types of plastic and they haven't matched the colors quite right. -- Tim Buchheim (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it??

(...) is (...) I too was considering this set, but was wondering the same thing. Then I saw one in person and I must say my interest cooled a bit. Fundamentally, I just don't find it an attractive model. It's impressive in terms of size, but (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it??

(...) ...Well, I thought it was def. worth it! It is a great build (about 5 hrs for me and I enjoyed every bit of it) and a truly beautiful model to behold (usurped the place of the Tie Interceptor in my model display)... and the parts! chock full (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ooh - tusken raiders and Yoda in 2002????

"travis" <tyanke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GpBHnJ.Ltp@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks, I missed those threads and didn't think to use the web interface to do a search first. Dan (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ooh - tusken raiders and Yoda in 2002????

(...) yeah this was discussed some time ago already. forget what thread it was. the tusken raiders should be cool though. (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ooh - tusken raiders and Yoda in 2002????

Has anyone else seen this? I was taking a look at the skateboard park link in the lugnet.general thread "IS LEGO COPYING MEGA-BLOCKS NOW?" and spotted the following images? (URL) Raider Encounter appears to be 2 sets (ignore the display stand (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) Um... I think you need a minor vocabulary lesson. :-) Trasparent: You can see through it and light passes through it. Opaque: You can not see through it nor does light pass through it.. Translucent: You can not see through it but light passes (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Sets in Ontario?

Hey, I managed to pick up all the new sets at Toys R Us in Oakville. They trickled in one at a time starting a few weeks ago with 8009 (R2D2), then Ewok Attack, them Final Duel I, II, Jedi Defense I, then a few more days (week before Christmas or (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) C'mon, these parts will show up elsewhere, and getting them in a common color like red is almost a lock. Whereas, it's now almost a lock that we'll never get this set in the proper color, the color that every other toy Cloud Car since the 80's (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it??

(...) Since the combination of lego and star wars is the coolest combination of hobbies in the entire history of all civilization. And since, the Runner is thee coolest starship in all of star wars. And, in a week or so, when it finally arrives at (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?)

(...) I recently got the new Technic R2D2 set (8009). It has several parts with the new dark blue color. Some of the dark blue parts were noticeably translucent while the others were quite solid in color. TLC must still be working on their pigment (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) You can't be serious! That they chose red is, IMHO, just absolutely great. It's a orangish red anyway. There was a lot of orange in previous sets (snow speeder for instance) and I am glad to see these very useful parts come out in red rather (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Is the Blockade Runner worth it??

I am considering buying this pricey set, but I wanted to see if everyone here thought it was worth it first. I have not seen one in person so it is hard to judge. Thanks, Chuck (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) In my humble opinion the cloud car is rather spiffy actually. It seemed to scale with the the other starfighters and well constructed. In any event in the movies they seemed reddish to me anyway. My eyes! My eyes! What's the matter with them? (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: got em all

Actually I rejoice in the absence of printed legos. I can't stand stickers and really can't stand legos that have stuff imprinted on it. How many "glass" pieces have been ruined? The space stuff is really bad. They insist on putting horrible designs (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) I share your disappointment (actually I'd rate this is one of my biggest disappointments with the SW theme), but since the model was approved by Lucasfilm I doubt the color was overlooked. Since they've made simliar decisions in the past, my (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) I can confirm that the new Cam dark red hair element is likewise translucent, I was going to post about it but I probably forgot to do so. Not sure what I think about it, but I am not bothered by it as it stands. It is interesting in that it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) It's like the stuff they make lolly frogs and snakes out of. (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Dark Red Translucent?

My wife gave me a Rebel Blockade Runner for Christmas (she is wonderful and the set is wonderful - what a pile of pieces! - the set that is). I noticed that the new dark red pieces looked a little different then the other pieces - and not just that (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

It's cool that we're going to get four red medium-slope corners in a $10 set, but the set should've been orange. Continuing proof that too many people in the R&D department aren't familiar with the films. Dave "Joel Hoornbeek" <joel@webaccess.net> (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact