 Star Wars / 12267
Re: Is the Blockade Runner worth it??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:54:36 GMT

I am considering buying this pricey set, but I wanted to see if everyone
here thought it was worth it first.  I have not seen one in person so it • is
hard to judge.

I too was considering this set, but was wondering the same thing. Then I saw
one in person and I must say my interest cooled a bit. Fundamentally, I just
don't find it an attractive model. It's impressive in terms of size, but
somehow it lacks the elegance of the UCS X-Wing and Tie Interceptor; I guess
I find it a bit too chunky. Maybe I just don't appreciate Corvellian
Corvettes?

The set has some interesting parts, notably those large white cylindrical
pieces of which there is some awesome number (I think the owner of the set
said over 40, but I might be wrong). And there is the new dark red colour,
but it's not a must-have for me. Unlike the Millennium Falcon, there is no
interior detail.

For that price, a set would have to really excite me, and I'm afraid it just
doesn't do it.

Kerry

The price