 Space / 9977
    Anime help —Paul Hartzog
   yo homeys, i need some help cuz i know nuthin' about anime... Sandlin's bricriu is anime influenced, also Kuester's recent ship (ves?), and the many mecha out there... i've heard about Cowboy sumthin... and I've seen a few films, and I'm NOT really (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: Anime help —David Perry
     definitly paul, the best i've found are, in fact, cowboy bebop; i recently saw the first 5 episodes and just ordered the entire series on 3 dvds, w/english subtitles from ebay for about $37, and you'll probably be able to dfind the same (w/the buy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Jeff Stembel
     (...) Actually, you purchased an illegal bootleg set, most likely from Hong Kong or Taiwan. No twenty-six episode series has been released on three discs here in the US, let alone in Japan. The minimum is four discs, and that is usually only in box (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —David Perry
     :O whoops.... just dont listen to me lol ^_^; (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Anime help —Stuart Immonen
      (...) You might try some of these: Legend of Galactic Heroes Macross Space Cruiser Yamato Gatchaman These are just ones I like... And go here to browse for more info: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Mladen Pejic
      Some other good anime/manga sites: (URL) - Lots of pics, sometimes doesn't work. :-( (URL) - If you look around in the Gundam section you might get some good spacecraft pics. (URL) - Basically, this is kinda like a big link site, check it out, you (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Paul Hartzog
     (...) innaresting, i just got my new Syd Mead book (the guy who did these designs: (URL) there's a whole section of his work for Battle Cruiser Yamato cool, cool, cool -paul (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Stuart Immonen
     (...) If I may, which book is this, and where did you get it? I saw a nice coffeetable-sized softcover of Mead designs at Bud Plant distribution's booth at a San Diego Comic Convention a few years back, and (stupidly) didn't buy it-- I've regretted (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Paul Hartzog
     (...) (URL) is his site unfortunately some out of print stuff is no longer available... I have Sentinel, Studio One/Two/Three, a large portfolio that is not on his site, the book Oblagon, and the new one is called Syd Mead's Sentury (brand new, try (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Anime help —Stuart Immonen
      (...) Bookmarked! (...) Thanks heaps! (Took a tour of your site as well-- very nice!) stuart (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Anime help —Neal Fultz
      (...) You mean Cowboy Bebop. It's excellent. (...) As far as spaceships go, check out anything by Leiji Matsumoto, AT Votoms 3rd Story Arc, Nadeisco, Gunbuster, Macross (Robotech), Tekkaman, MS Gundam or even Project A-ko. NJF (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Anime help —Greg Howell
     (...) Bebop is probably one of the best series I've ever seen. It is a transitional theme, which is to say that it takes place in the not-to-distant future when planitary travel is achived, but in intersystem. I like the ships, the story and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Anime help —Sun Yun
   (...) Well the first one you must watch is Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. There's a few interesting space ship designs in there, especially the SDF-1. It might be helpful to just get a book if you want inspiration. The DVD is not out yet (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Anime help —Jesse Alan Long
   (...) Please do not forget Transformers, Go-Bots, Transformers Generation 2, Beast Wars/Beasties, and Beast Machines. These series may not be anime but some of those designs, especially the Transformers and Transformers Generation 2 series, are (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)