 Space / 971
  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I have to agree.. While I despised the insectoids and ufo stuff, and I do have a certain attachment to the classic space sets (for nostalgic reasons, since I had those and nothing else when I was a kid), I think they did a nice job on (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) Wait a second. I happen to own all the Exploriens, and I did / do like them. I think the uniforms are nice. I just don't think they are up to par with the more classic sets, I.E. Classic Space, Futuron, Blacktron 1, and Mtron. The large vessel (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

Paul, (...) Well, I for one fell in love with the Futurons, there have always been bad designs in every theme, from Castle to Town to Space, but overall, the Classic Space line, and the Futuron line, compared to the newer lines, really fall short. I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I love trans fluro ornage and with there were more big parts in it. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I like Exploriens too. The figs are OK, and I have a bunch. I especially I like their helmets. (But I really like the Hydronauts blue-chrome helmets, and I only have one :( (...) They come with tons of little widgets and other cool pieces, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <38741E76.73300082@c...eb.net>... (...) On one point I feel moved to vigorously disagree with Scott and Todd. Exploriens did NOT suck! Quite the opposite! One little mistake with the design of a "useless" wing (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I've never seen that ship before. Yeah, yeah, I know, stop looking at me like that. I want one, though. I want it NOW. All those great parts! :( (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) This is one of the best "real" ships I think LC (TLC, TLG, LG, etc.) ever produced. The cockpit is massive, with tons of room for the pilot and computers, the rest of the ship can easily hold many minifigs, along with computers and equipment. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I love that one, too. IMO, it's better than even BT1 ships! Z (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) Don't get me wrong, none of them are ugly! They're just not what I would consider beautiful, but rather utilitarian, immense, powerful, original, detailed, etc... (...) Sad, but true. Look at the widgets on the front of some of those old (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ... (...) awesome...take a (...) Hey! Which one of my spaceships isn't beautiful?!?...... ;-) I guess my earlier rant was more about looks than playability and buildability. There's no doubt that as the Space themes (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I've got some faded white classic space figs who are planning to donate their backpacks to cover the logo. Alternatively you could use ET divers airtanks instead (although it looks a bit odd). :: paul (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) You mean all those useless large parts that they obviously were straining to use in novel ways, like the corridor corners mounted sideways on top. :-) What were they thinking? That shape could have bene made out of slopes! Town Jr sucks but I (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) A bit, but I think we need to look at the history of the special purpose parts. Most of the earlier models had a few, which, IMO, were there to enhance the set. Nowadays, all parts seem to be this trend, which the special parts outnumber the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.space)