 Space / 799
Re: awfully quiet here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:20:09 GMT

The main "frame" of my ship will resemble a crib -- a kind of boxy
framework, using technic beams.  The base of this framework will be the
floor the lowest deck ("Blue Level"), with cargo holds, launch bay, and
such.  The three decks above will consist of modules that can be stacked,
within the framework.  The actual side hull and detailing of the ship will
be attached to the framework with hinges of some kind (I'm still deciding
between conventional and technic), and will open outwards to give access to
the innards of the ship.  This way, every part of the ship can potentially
be accessed from both the side and from above.

The bridge will be a separate structure attached to the front of the ship.

I'm going to try building turbolifts to go between decks.  They'll probably
only be big enough for one minifig at a time.

I'm also hoping that the frame is strong enough to keep the ship together
well.

Note to L F Braun: I've never seen Silent Running :) but the contents of my
ship are partially inspired by Star Trek: TNG and Babylon 5.

--

Paul Davidson

I am still working with a crew of 4. I find that I have a better time • matching
accessories to the minifigs easier that way.

How are you doing the interface between the decks of your ship? I can • never
figure out a way to make the upper decks removable and still make the • model
playable.

-Duane