 Space / 798
Re: awfully quiet here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:36:46 GMT

Hi,

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
The main hull of my ship is going to be about 30x60, with four decks (each
about 6 bricks high).  With all the other stuff I'm trying to squeeze in, I
haven't figured out yet how to fit in living quarters for 30 crew members.
Maybe I have too many amenities, like my spacious arborium...

Someone's watched "Silent Running" in the last couple of weeks!

I'd also be interested in seeing how pneumatic landing gear would work.

I use fully Technic landing-gear, but I haven't tried the pneumatics--that's a
thought.

Duane Hess wrote:

I am still working with a crew of 4. I find that I have a better time matching
accessories to the minifigs easier that way.

How are you doing the interface between the decks of your ship? I can never
figure out a way to make the upper decks removable and still make the model
playable.

I'm probably going to use Technic pegs/beams and have it open in sections from
front to rear.  The general plan is for the ship to be a "vertical box"--about 10
studs wide, 90 studs long, and perhaps 20 studs tall.

best,

Lindsay