 Space / 5945
5944  |  5946
Subject:
right on kirby, comments for trevor, plug for Mark Sandlin ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:56:26 GMT

Kirby is right on w/ this statement:

    As of now, the only thing that impresses me is the sheer size and the
docking ring.  The MKIV, unfotunately, doesn't seem to stray too far from
what you have in the Galactic Shipyard.  Big is nice, but originality and
explorations in uncharted design is better.  Color schemes are essential.
Although the MKIV is symetrical, there realy doesn't appear to be a color
scheme.

As for Trevor,
well, i can't even FIND the docking ring.  And the ship to me looks
like a big rectangle w/ no detectable cohesion or color scheme.  On
the bright side there are some sweet details (all the turrets are
interesting), but that's about it.  I appreciate the time and energy
that goes into building big things but bigger isn't de facto better.
Bigger ships have to work just as hard @ being interesting as smaller
ships, which means tons of even harder work by the developer.  As an
example of not worrying about size and exploring the fringes of
really cool design check out Mark Sandlin's stuff or my new site @
http://63.226.106.19/lego

I have a large nomadic industrial complex that i will eventually
build, a massive lumbering refinery that lopes from star system
to star system gathering raw materials, processing them, and then
selling them off to planetside distributors in the next system, and
you can bet your butt it'll be HUGE and UGLY, but i'll give it all
the attention to detail that i give everything else i make, and it
won't end up uninteresting.

keep on building
-p