 Space / 5925
Re: Mark 4 Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:31:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
Well, aside from Aaron West's great constructive notes, there has been an
obvious lackluster general response to the progress of my ship.

Will it help when I get decent interior shots, fighters and equipment in the
main hanger bay, service ships in the service bays, cargo, crew members,
med/science lab, galley, the lit-up warp reaction in the warp core, plasma
conduits, etc etc.?

Come on guys, I know that the preliminary snaps are dark and grainy, but
I've put a *lot* of work and prep into this baby.  Any tips, hits, comments,
negative/positive critisms before I go haywire on the interior?

sigh  :-|

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

     Hi there!  I'm somewhat new to posting but have been following up on
Lugnet and Brickshelf for several months now.  I've noticed a lack of posts
to works-in-progress.  I don't think it's intentional, people are simply
more impressed with a finished moc.  Also, it's your model, so much of the
general public will probably not give you too many suggestions beyond
helping you with a specific detail or function that is stressing you.
     As of now, the only thing that impresses me is the sheer size and the
docking ring.  The MKIV, unfotunately, doesn't seem to stray too far from
what you have in the Galactic Shipyard.  Big is nice, but originality and
explorations in uncharted design is better.  Color schemes are essential.
Although the MKIV is symetrical, there realy doesn't appear to be a color
scheme.
     I apologize for the negative feedback, but you asked for it!:-)  I
honestly believe, with the size of your collection and experience in ship
building, that you could really impress the community with something truly
awe-inspiring.  You've made your own well-trodden path with the destroyer
line, perhaps its time for something new?  The road not taken and all that:-)