 Space / 5933
Re: Mark 4 Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:59:59 GMT

Well, my original idea is more robotech (series1).  Were'nt those ships
based off actual sea sfaring ships that got transported to pruto through the
use of protomatter?  It's been a very long time, so please correct me on
that one.

You're right and you're wrong (and it's protoCULTURE!)  When the SDF-1,
which was an alien ship originally spacefolded, an aircraft carrier and
another nautical vessel were caught in the fold.  They were then attached to
the ship as arms.  But neither of those ships had any visible external
armament; their greatest offensive value was that the Daedulus could be
smashed into enemy ships using the pinpoint barrier system...  So I'm not
sure where your inspiration came from in this case!

Peter