 Space / 5154
Re: Libertador - Light Penetration Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:53:40 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message

Cool.  Most of the fighters I see are huge mostrosities (cool looking • but
way
to big compared to Galactic Confederation fighters.)  That is the • perfect
size
to go head to head with my fighters. Oh yeah did I mention, Cool.

Thanks!

Hmm...now that I think of it, most fighters are on the large side.  I • was
thinking that it was 'light' because its small compared to those.  I • still
plan on designing larger fighters up to gunboats for heavier assaults. • As
size of a fighter increases, so does firepower, but does manuverability
decrease?  I would assume so because of mass and inertia.  How do • fighter
designers rationalize/compensate for the apparent loss in • manuverability?

More powerful engines, better shielding, thicker armor.

-John Van