 Space / 5166
Re: Libertador - Light Penetration Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:36:53 GMT

Of course, it makes it all pretty easy when you can invent your own
technology.

Personally, the doohickey coil in my Spiffcraft is proof against any weapon.

Mmmmm, leather seat.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net>

Isn't that basicly irrelivent if the capital ship can use its heavy weapons on
such a large target?

Of course it could be argued that smaller mass means more efficent engines and
faster more manuverable fighters.  This of course would be more valuble than
getting killed by the capital ship despite better shielding and thicker armor.
Now I am also assuming our base comparison is an X-wing or compareable
fighter.

Now my basic stock fighter
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/fang.html
versus an X-wing would go like this.  Fang comes to a dead stop.  X-wing fires
at Fang while pilot laughs for an hour at the pretty colors bouncing off his
ship.  Fang pilot gets bored and activates his Xlaxer node defence system. A
beam fires from the node and the X-wing is incinerated instantly.  The pilot
makes a mental note that he didn't even need his offensive Xlaxer cannons.
Now picture captial ship defences verses a huge fighter.

-Lord Insanity (who still thinks Star Wars fighters are rediculously over
sized
antique junk.)