 Space / 4808
Re: LEGO.COM/mars now running!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:03:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce, Nick Cameron writes:
The LEGO company must have been waiting untill one of us found the mars sets.
It looks like a mission log. Pretty cool. it has some real space photos, but • so
far it is only one page. Check it out!

http://www.lego.com/mars/

I know this is supposed to be fiction, but I think the folks who write this
should do a little more research before posting stories like this for worldwide
consumption.  The story talks about looking out of a porthole and seeing
millions of stars and planets...not likely.  From what I understand, you would
see mostly blackness...certainly not millions of stars.  The story goes on to
state that the stars really do twinkle...do they?  I thought that was caused by
our atmosphere.  I know the point of these stories is supposed to be to
generate excitement about a product and it is written for kids, but I wish TLC
took a little more responsibility with factual information (especially
since it is seen as a company that produces a pseudo-educational toy)...you can
write something exciting that is plausible too!

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu