 Year / 2001 / 281
Re: LEGO.COM/mars now running!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 02:49:00 GMT

Kevin Wilson <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote:
Since the whole thing is called "*LIFE* on Mars" and there are cute little
blue aliens running around, I suppose it doesn't matter that none of the
rest of it is accurate either.

I disagree. The best sci-fi/fantasy takes a few premises different from what
we know, but keeps the rest as accurate, self-consistent, etc., as possible.
While I know Lego's not exactly aspiring for that level of writing, it
wouldn't kill them to do a little fact-checking on a third-grade level or
so.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/