 Year / 2001 / 286
Re: LEGO.COM/mars now running!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:13:00 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Kevin Wilson writes:
I disagree. The best sci-fi/fantasy takes a few premises different from • what
we know, but keeps the rest as accurate, self-consistent, etc., as
possible.

True, but normally sci-fi (as opposed to fantasy) takes its different
premises from things where we are not sure yet, not things we already know
are untrue (e.g. blue aliens on Mars).

Actually, until we send humans to mars we won't know what life
is ther or was there in the past.  It is entirely possible that humanoid
life forms are living in small colonies on/under the suface of mars.
After all, if we could do it, why couldn't someone else?

If you think that's crazy, what do you think would happen here on earth if
there was a global catastrophe similar to what happened on Mars?  A select few
survivors would inhabit small colonies underground.  Such facilites have
existed since at least the 1950's.

KL