 Year / 2001 / 282
Re: LEGO.COM/mars now running!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:43:07 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Thomas Main writes:
The story goes on to
state that the stars really do twinkle...do they?  I thought that was caused >by
our atmosphere.

Indeed so - it's an illusion due to the different wavelengths passing
through the atmosphere. The stars would not be twinkling in outer space. It
was in fact the first thing that struck me while reading the story (before
reading this post).

[...]
but I wish TLC
took a little more responsibility with factual information (especially
since it is seen as a company that produces a pseudo-educational toy)...

Definitely.

-Shiri