 Space / 4441
Re: Galactic Shipyard updates and change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:58:40 GMT

[Snipped previous comments -- I would have had to quote the whole thing.]

Originally, you intended GS to be a collection of links to physically large
LEGO models of spaceship (at minifig scale).  Now, because of the
categories, it seems like the ships are sorted out by function and duty.
Functionwise, BR is an exploration ship, not a capital ship.  Sizewise, it
counts as a 'large' ship (in the 100-stud class).

Ooo, there's an idea: create size classes, measured in studs (you choose
length or footprint).  "Yeah, this li'l beauty just missed the 200-stud
class, but she out-masses 50% of those 200-studders".

Steve