 Space / 4398
Re: Galactic Shipyard updates and change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:37:04 GMT

"Damraska" <Damraska@Excite.com> wrote in message
> First off, your site has become extremely useful.  It now serves as a
great
portal/gathering point to all the various space sites with featured
creations.  Well done.

Thank you very much.

I think removing space stations and ground vehicles, at least in the long
haul, is a mistake.  If other people are like me, your site is fast • becoming
a nav portal to all the various space sites (and a quick way to get up to
speed on space creations out there).  Since space encompasses ground
vehicles, bases, mecha, and other things, it would be nice to have all of
those featured through the same portal.  In the short haul, I think
concentrating on one aspect of space (spacecraft proper) is fine.  Perfect
one thing then extrapolate.

I was just talking about the Space Station issue with Rick Kujawa. I
completely agree that there need to be links to stations and ground vehicles
and mecha and what not. The plan is in the end to have those lists/sites
encompassed withen Space World. See my new post above on this.

You currently have your menu bar in random order (as far as I can tell).
Some sort of logical structure, based on ship size, hierarchical
subcatagorization, or alphabetical order would work better.  I am unsure • how
far you plan on going with your current trend toward differentiation and
expansion so I have no absolute suggestion for this.

Again you addressed something very important. I was actually just going to
ask the group what I should do with the categories. I'm gonna post a message
about this in a sec once I get all my thoughts in order.

An obvious extension to the Captains Quarter would be similar pages for • ace
fighter pilots (The Ready Room or whatever) and legendary officers of all
kinds.  Also, somewhere between capital ships and heavy fighters/bombers • are
corvettes/system defense boats/patrol ships.

    This should come about later when we have more room on Space World. I
actually plan on doing this one myself. I'd like to make a subsite with all
sorts of categories of space people/beings like
Captains,Pilots,Villains,Robots, etc..

A lot of the big ships
featured on your site actually strike me as falling into this
category--combat spacecraft with a crew of about 50 minifigs or less.  (Of
course, this would make capital ships almost non-existent, so perhaps some
other criteria would work.  Just a thought.)

    I'm going to address this one in a second..

Keep up the good work.

    Thank you very much for the criticizm. I love input on this!

    -Jon

  -Doug

^V^^V^
I am:  Damraska@Excite.com