 Space / 3973
Re: Official model section at the 'Shipyard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
1.  What's wrong with duplication of effort?  The Fibblesnork LEGO Guide is
old and decrepit anyway.

I didn't say it was wrong, only redundant. I think TFLG is still a rather
effective resource. I refer to it often.

In any case, my aversion to redundancy stems from working in a corporation
and dealing with the bloat-factor, so please take my opinion on the matter
with a grain of salt. (Maybe more than one)

Sorry, I took your comment the wrong way.  I'm concerned about the general
perceived attitude about aversion to redudancy -- one of the things MM was
brining up the other day.

2.  The name "Fibblesnork" is the name of http://www.fibblesnork.com/ the
website.  The name of the guide you are referring to is "Fibblesnork LEGO
Guide."

Do you say "Honey we need some more Kleenex Brand Facial Tissues" or do you
just say "Honey we need some more Kleenex." I don't think there was any
confusion there, since I included a link.

Probably no confusion, no, but that's actually what I'm afraid of.  I think
I may have to change the name of the FLG guide/resource to something not
containing the word "Fibblesnork."  Over the past 2 years I've gradually been
reducing its connection to having anything to do with LEGO and I have other
plans for the word down the road.

--Todd